Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh Snap. It's Lunch Time.

Inspired by my friend Ari. She is a tan goddess with one of those contagious laughs that everyone loves. And she doesn't even try. Yes, this post is about a salad. If I didn't post about a salad, I would only be sitting on a throne of secrecy. Part of my weight loss was contributed to eating some salad. Did you really expect to lose weight without eating a salad now and then? It definitely doesn't taste like a brownie, but now, after getting healthier, I don't even crave them. Embrace the salad. Love the salad. 

Lunch:

My spinach and greens nutty salad. Go crazy with tomatoes, green onion, carrots, and broccoli. Toss in some kale, if you want to feel like a trendy celebrity. Seriously, I think they all eat it. Maybe if you eat it, you automatically become a celeb. Magic. Sarcasm. 
Anyways, add a small amount of chickpeas and low-sodium almond slices, low-sodium peanuts, or low-sodium walnuts for protein. Finally top it with a shake of black pepper and some red wine vinegar. If you must, add the tiniest bit of the healthiest oil you can find to the red wine vinegar. But I'm telling you, you do not need it. 

I know, I know. It's a salad. But this truly is the most popular lunch among my friends, and after eating it and adding vegetables and other elements I liked, I found it to be not only tolerable, but enjoyable. 

-Annie


...magical celebrity kale >

No comments:

Post a Comment