Friday, August 31, 2012

Information That May or May Not Knock Your Socks Off

So my model friend Jessica told me the following advice when I asked her for simple guidelines that normal people can follow in their day to day routine without wanting to cry or binge on white cheddar popcorn. I want what I post on this blog to be truthful, simple, and things that we can all do. I have failed at every extreme diet I have tried. The tips in girly advice magazines have never worked for me. I'm sorry, people at work would just look at me like I'm crazy if I did fitness ball exercises at my desk. That's, just...I cannot. I am the first to admit that I am an average human. I am not a superhero or Victoria Beckham.

I am literally the kind of person that takes my bra off the second I get home from work. So. Yeah.

Keep In Mind:

DO NOT EAT DINNER PAST 7:00PM.  It is NOT worth it. You do not want to sleep on a full stomach. You want to be able to fully digest your dinner before you lie down for the night.

WATCH SERVING SIZES. Often times, you think "Oh this healthy cereal is yummy, I'll just pour some into my bowl" or "Oh, great, a big glass of milk, yay!" You'd be surprised and shocked at how small the serving sizes are for how many calories there are in the dish or product. A lot of cereal serving sizes range from a half a cup-a cup. MEASURE. It will blow your mind.

SHOP ON THE PERIMETER WALLS OF THE GROCERY STORE. Try not to be tempted by going inside the aisles. A lot of times, everything you need you can find on the outside walls of the stores. The inside walls are where dry, white bread, processed foods, frozen foods, dessert mixes, pop, and potato chips are. The outside perimeter grocery store walls are where your dairy, protein, organic bakery bread, vegetables, fresh spices, fruit, and healthy starches are located. Have you ever thought about that? Is your life changed? Mine certainly was after hearing that.

Questions/Comments:

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below! If you want to hear more in-depth recipes, leave it in the comments below! If you want to get advice on something I haven't talked about, leave it in the comments below!

-Annie
PS: I found this on Dustin Maher Fitness Website...pretty eye-opening, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment